The mission of The Niagara Frontier Reading Council is to promote literacy education, encourage professional development and provide community service that fosters literacy within Western New York. We hope to instill a passion for lifelong learning and to encourage readers to build a vision of the future.
About the NFRC
- A non-profit educational organization chartered by the International Reading Association in 1958.
- Dedicated to professional development and enhancement of literacy in our community.
- Involved in professional issues affecting literacy.
- Awarded Honor Council status for the fourth consecutive year. Read more about it here.
- To encourage understanding of the reading/writing/listening/speaking process
- To serve our community as a resource on literacy issues
- To keep an awareness of current research in the field of reading
DATE: Saturday, April 30, 2016
LOCATION: Michaels Banquet Facility, Emerald
Room, 4885 Southwestern Blvd, Hamburg, NY
PRESENTER: Angela Stockman -- Author,
Teacher, Service Provider and Founder of the
WNY Young Writers' Studio